Planning a Country Wedding!
Please use the options described on this page as a planning guide to structure your possible wedding and/or reception at the Hitchin’ Post at Fiddlesticks Farms.
We would love to talk with each perspective bride and groom about any special ideas they may have in planning a perfect celebration of their marriage.
We want to be a part of making your event unique and memorable — and a barrel of fun, as well!
We are only able to host events on summer dates; early May – late August!
Wedding and Reception
This fee reserves the afternoon prior to the wedding, the wedding day & the morning after. A deposit of $1,000 is due at the time of reservation.
This fee reserves the day of the reception & the morning after. A deposit of $500 is due at the time of reservation.
For Planning Purposes
- Our grounds close at 11:00pm. You may return the following morning for clean up from 9-11am.
- You may use our 10.000 sf open air pavilion for your outdoor summer event.
- You will have use of miscellaneous wooden spools & whiskey barrels for tables or decorations.
- We provide hay bales for seating at the ceremony.
- You may use the farm’s public address system.
- You are welcome to provide a DeeJay or a live band.
- Alcohol is permitted, however, you must purchase from us.
- You are required to reserve an off duty security officer from Midland County Sheriff Department.
- You are also required to provide an Event Insurance Policy for 1 day.
- Restrooms are in the vicinity of the pavilion.
- Enjoy an old-fashioned campfire under the moon and “The Stars at Night” that West Texas is famous for!
- The Groom’s Cabana & Bride’s Cottage are available for sittin’ a spell, waiting for guests to arrive!
- Activities include the jumping pillow, big yellow slide, sandbox, & rolly pollys.
- Photo props include a Texas-sized porch swing and rocking chair, plus a 1958 Spartan firetruck and antique John Deere tractors and wagons.
These Options are Extra
You may provide your own photographer however, referrals are available by request. Please ask us about our special treat for you, if we are allowed to use some of your wedding photos on our website!
Catering & Alcohol
If you wish to have your reception catered, you must provide your own services. We also are able to cater a BBQ meal for you. If you are interested in alcohol, you are welcome to purchase kegs or cans to provide for your guests, OR you can have guests purchase from the Rusty Rooster Cantina. Both ways require an off duty officer to be present the entire time of the party.
We can provide S’Mores fixings for an additional fee at your campfire — or you are welcome to bring your own. It’s a fun way to end the evening, especially if you have a strolling guitar player serenading the crowd!
Ride the Cow Train
It’s a blast for guests of all ages … and makes for adorable photos, as well! Only $100 for a whole hour of rides for the wedding party and all the guests!
We do not provide any decor items, but you are welcome to bring your own. Please see our Pinterest boards for some great ideas! We can refer you to folks who specialize in farm-charm wedding decorations!
We can provide (for a fee) additional tent(s), tables & chairs. Referrals available upon request. Please feel free to view our Preferred Vendors page.
We will charge $200 if the facilities are not cleaned appropriately by 11:00 am the day following your event.
A farewell fireworks show is available for an additional charge. It can be as large or as small as you want…it’s your day, you can have it your way! Contact us to let us know what you would like to do so we can make the arrangements.